We would like to thank you for your support and participation in the Huntsville Electro-Optical Society (HEOS). Without members like you our 2014 activities would not be possible. Below is a quick list of accomplishments for 2014 with a link to the full 2014 HEOS Annual Report summarizing all these activities with photos. Please share this with your colleagues and corporate officiers to let them know what their individual and corporate members are making possible.
- IRS 501(c)(3) determination status
- Submission of 1st National Science Foundation (NSF) grant proposal
- Hosted STEM Education Roundtable meetings
- NASA Mirror Technology Days Conference (Albuquerque, NM)
- Laser Projector challenge grant
- Guest Speaker Series
- Regional and State Science Fair awards ($2,200 awarded)
- Apprenticeship / Intern program
- Educational Outreach and Teacher training in Optics and Photonics
- Built Hands-On Optics modules
The National Photonics Initiative (NPI) is a collaborative alliance among industry, academia and government seeking to raise awareness of photonics - the application of light - and drive US funding and investment in five key photonics-driven fields critical to US competitiveness and national security: advanced manufacturing, communications and information technology, defense and national security, energy, and health and medicine.
Learn more at: www.lightourfuture.org
Learn more about the new strategic plan and get involved!
- Greater membership services Sponsor and organize local conference
- Substantially increase educational outreach activities
- Business roundtable meetings
- Apply for grants
- Help create a strong network of optics professionals
- Recruit interesting speakers addressing your interests
- Get involved in educational outreach